Keeping up with CCSA
The 2023 school year is packed full of exciting opportunities for all of our students thanks, in part, to the many community partners that work with CCSA.
- ArtSmart provides small group instruction by professional musicians to 15 middle and high school students who auditioned for their program. The students are working on voice and storytelling throughout the school year, with a performance scheduled in the spring.
- 9th and 10th graders are currently reading The Royale, by Marco Ramirez, in their English classes and will be taking a field trip to the Lantern Theater to see a live performance of the book-turned-play.
- For students interested in pursuing careers in emergency response, the Chester Fire Department Fire Explorers Program produces an educational experience that outlines effective emergency response strategies and various career paths within the field.
- Chester Community Coalition is training our high school students in mental health first aid to help them better recognize warning signs among their peers.
- CCSA is thrilled to continue our partnership with the Philadelphia Union Foundation through the iAM program. 11th graders will hear inspirational speakers and will engage in career exploration workshops and a new cohort of 10th grade students will begin the program in January. This partnership is creating meaningful connections with corporate partners to ensure our students have a variety of career opportunities to consider when they graduate.
Thank you to all of our amazing community partners for helping our students become better performers, employees, and citizens.